Taiwan Seed Improvement and Propagation Station is a public institute for research and production on seeds / seedlings of plant. In order to fulfill the government’s policies for propagation and providing seeds / seedlings, to assist the development of seeds / seedlings industry and to elevate the competitive capacity of seeds / seedlings industry, the station is responsible for studying on related seeds / seedlings technologies.
- Breeding for new plant varieties with high quality and disease resistances.
- Studies on efficient propagation technologies and systems of seeds / seedlings to increase the competitive capacity of seeds / seedlings industry.
- Researches on biotechnologies and bio-safety tests to keep the leading advantages of seeds / seedlings industry.
- Establishment and implementation of plant varieties protection to protect the breeders' rights.
- Providing novel information and technical services of seeds / seedlings to implement techniques innovated by research in industry.
- Mass propagation and providing high quality and healthy seeds / seedlings to implement government's policies.